02/24/2008 - 03/02/2008 51 °F
We've finally got our Galapagos trip booked! We were on the fence about even going to the Galapagos, since it's SO expensive, but Joanna realized that it was one of the two things in South America she really wants to do (the other is see Machu Picchu), so we went ahead and booked it. We'll be spending 8 days on "a large Trans-oceanic Alumarine 72 ft. multihull yacht" (that's a catamaran to us laymen).
Here's a picture of the yacht, called the Nemo II, and a map of our itinerary:
And here's our itinerary in words:
- Sunday: Arrival to the airport in Baltra Island - visit to Bachas Beach.
- Monday: Visit to Bartholomew Island and Sombrero Chino in the afternoon.
- Tuesday: In the morning visit to Breeding center in Isabela Island - in the afternoon visit to Tintoreras Lagoon.
- Wednesday: Arrival to Floreana Island, in the morning visit to Post Office Bay and in the afternoon visit to Punta Cormorant.
- Thursday: Arrival to Espanola Island, in the morning visit to Gardner Bay and in the afternoon visit to Punta Suarez.
- Friday: In the morning visit to Santa Fe Island and in the afternoon visit to Charles Darwin Station in Puerto Ayora (Santa Cruz Island).
- Saturday: In the morning visit to South Plazas Island and in the afternoon visit to North Seymour Island.
- Sunday: In the morning visit to Caleta Tortuga and transfer to the airport in Baltra.